Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Saving Little Live's

Every week Animal Shelters have to euthanize many animals that have passed their time limit in the shelter without a successful adoption. This little pup just missed his last day when my mom walked into the shelter last week to pick up a chocolate lab. He was not the only lucky lil' man, she also brought home a boxer whose time was also up.In all, last week my mom brought home 3 dogs without knowing what she would be able to do but just could not leave them there to die. Happily, my cousin Jesse and his wife fell head over heels for the lovable boxer, but so far she has been unable to find a home for the cutie you see here...he is lovable and very sweet. A collie mix that I was really impressed with- we had a ton of family in over the weekend...in all 10 adults, 6 kids and 7 dogs! He didn't miss a beat- playing with the kids, chasing the other dogs around the yard, resting in the shade, begging for belly rubs...a really gentle spirit.

If you or anyone you know can provide a safe, loving home for this little guy please send me an email and I will get all the contact info. together for you and thanks for your help!

3 comments:

  1. OMG KB!!!! Not fair!!!!! I love doggies... I have 6 already!!!!!!! if you don't find him a home let me know, I doubt Wes would be able to say no if no one else will take him....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger Dupre09 September, 2009

    Stories like this make me incredibly happy. I just adore people who adore animals! Thank you for sharing this little guys story. I hope he finds a family to love him as much as he deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 15 lb. terrier mix who we adore. I think he needs a buddy. The only problem is we don't have a fence around our yard. We do short walks during the day, and put Mannie out on his tether for an hour or two. Would that work for this guy? Also, how big, how old, etc. and where are you located? You can contact me at jana.pearson@d2ms.com btw... I got your info from Lisa Edge.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete