Monday, November 7, 2011

Mommy Mondays {Inspiration}


This weekend we picked up the new Mercy Me album. From our days of youth summer camp with our church we have LOVED Mercy Me!!! Adam and I both count it one of our many blessings to have had the pleasure to sing praise and worship music along with the band so long before they found wonderful success sharing their gift or worship music. Those summers are still so fresh in my mind and are certainly some of my best memories!

One of their songs stands out amongst our many, may favorites and has become somewhat of an anthem for us, below are the lyrics and a link to their website. Thank you Mercy Me for following God's plan for your lives and trusting Him... this is such a spot on reminder of our purpose and source of strength!

IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is found,

He is my light, my strength my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fieriest drought and storm.


What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are still, when striving cease!

My comforter, my all in all, Here in the love of Christ I stand.


In Christ alone!

Who took on flesh, fullness of God in helpless babe!

This gift of love and righteousness

Scorned by the ones He came to save.

Till on the cross as Jesus died, the wrath of God was satisfied.

For every sin on Him was laid.

Here in the death of Christ I live.


There in the ground His body lay.

Light of the world, by darkness slain.

Then bursting forth in glorious day,

Up from the grave He rose again!

And as He stands in victory

Sins curse has lost it’s grip on me.

For I am His and He is mine

Bought with the precious blood of Christ…


No guilt in life, no fear in death,

This is the power of Christ in me.

From life’s first cry to final breathe

Jesus commands my destiny…


No power of hell, no scheme of man

Can ever pluck me from His hand

Till He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.


Mercy Me

Album: The Worship Sessions

1 comment:

  1. Oh the memories of youth camp listening to Mercy Me. It's hard to believe that we knew them before they became so famous and we sat in a little chapel with about 200 youth as they led us in praise & worship.

    ReplyDelete