Friday, February 12, 2016

Welcome Home Baby Emma!

Sometimes people come into your lives and you can clearly see God's hand at work! Kristy and her sweet family are just that. We met at Bunco a little over a year ago and both our daughters began Kindergarten this year- I think we both had watery eyes the day we took them to Kindergarten round up. She invited me to visit and speak about Photography to her MOP's group and we have so much in common- I just adore her :)

So, naturally I was ecstatic when she asked me to schedule newborn photos and not only to meet the newest little princess but to also get to spend some time with her again. It's so hard in certain season's in life to slow down and make time for the people outside your normal routine of family, school and practice. But life is too short not to! Slow down, schedule it... Really- make it happen, you won't regret it.

Our first day together poor little Emma just wasn't feeling up to being away from mommy's swaddling arms so I was very happy just to truly visit and catch up with Kristy. We enjoyed coffee and sharing family stories. I took some of my favorite images of her and Emma! We had a wonderful afternoon together and made a plan for the next morning.

And the next morning little miss Emma totally owned it! She slept through the entire session... and I mean slept... like a rock- through 3 outfit changes!!! I was so incredibly happy that we were able to do everything that Kristy had envisioned- even incorporating her wedding dress for a few of the images.

And, this purple romper! Oh, my gracious!!! The ruffles... the bows.... It was so delicate and fit her perfectly!

Mia kept checking in on us and watching her new little sister. I cannot say how much I totally love seeing older siblings with their new baby brother or sister. The joy in their eyes is so sincere. I truly believe that they are forever changed once they see and hold them for the first time. It may not be quite the same feeling as what mom and dad have, but there's definitely a transformation that takes place in their heart and it's beautiful.

I love the way the last few images turned out with Emma being passed around and absolutely loved-on and adored by her Daddy and big sis, Mia. There's so much love here and I am so thankful to be able to be there to share in it!

Kristy & Luis, thank you so very much for inviting me to be a part of Emma's Welcome Home and I know the Lord has BIG plans for her- His timing is perfect and so is she!!!


"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment