Thursday, August 27, 2009

People Who Rock

I can not think of a better person to kick off my new little series {People Who Rock} but the talented and beautiful Daren Lee of Glamourface Makeup...Daren is a wife, mother of two little boys (just another reason I L-O-V-E her!), true friend and an absolutely A-MAZING make up artist! I have had the pleasure of working with her and seen her in action while I got to just hang out behind the scenes at a fashion show and boy, does she work hard! She was fast, focused, poised and created masterpieces on the models. I always love watching someone do what they love, it is just so pure to see them in their element and working so hard with what they have passion for.

The key to Daren's approach is working with the strengths of her clients features not turning them into something they are not (well to be fair, she has some high fashion shots where that is the intention). In a way that only she can, she exposes their natural beauty and enhances their confidence- going beyond the application of make up and truly transforming a person's outer beauty by building also on the inner beauty.

Knowledgeable in all skin tones and in both traditional and airbrush make up, no matter what the event- with Daren on makeup there is no doubt someone is going to be smokin' hot!

Funny little note: Daren about died of shock when she saw my teeny tiny make up bag that consisted of base, lotion, clinique samples and (in her own words) "the smallest blush brush she has ever seen"...lol- I'm a simple gal' what can I say ;)

Above: Daren finally got her "little girl" she had been waiting for when her husband introduced her to Bella, their new little (for now anyway) American Bulldog...awwww isn't she cute!

Thanks Daren for taking the time for us to share a little bit about what makes you {in our opinion} so awesome! Love ya :)

...stay tuned for some hot beauty tips from Daren!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I don't know what to say..... you really know how to make someone blush... I love you too girl... I'm speechless... SPEECHLESS!!! Thankyou so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless is impossible ;) You deserve every word of it and I am so thankful and blessed to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete