Sunday, December 11, 2011

Praying for Adam {We are Ready}

We have arrived. Adam is all settled in watching football and very excited about his new iv (not!). At least we enjoyed a nice sushi lunch in the cafeteria before all the real hospital stuff began. I can not say how thankful I am that this moment has finally come but with that the anxiety over the next hours and days will definitely keep the butterflies very busy in my stomach.

We have an a army of support full of faithful prayer warriors at our side and led by none other than God himself with his had upon us as we continue to march forward.

Tomorrow morning will begin with an MRI at 7am and surgery is expected to approximately begin between 11-12ish. The average length of surgery is between 3-4 hours and once it is over Adam will recover in ICU overnight.

Jeremy arrived this afternoon with combat boots, his camping gear and a stash of twizzlers, chocolate and diet coke. Adam and him have kicked me out and decided I have to go back to the hotel for the best night's sleep and Jer will stay with Adam. The icing on the cake though was the special dinner Jeremy arranged with a bag of all Adam's faves from The Outback- steak, cheese fries, salad and bread :)

In all, we are doing well and love the staff here. We are really looking forward to tomorrow and then for the real healing to begin! Much love to you all and we will definitely keep the updates coming as quickly and consistently as possible.



But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth.
-2 Timothy 4:17

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"
-Hebrews 11:1

1 comment:

  1. All day I've found myself thinking of you and Adam, immediately followed by prayer. Praying that your hearts be filled with peace tonight and that you feel God's presence at all times. Love, prayers, and blessings to you both! <3

    ReplyDelete